The 2020 Virginia legislative session increased statutory protections for workers to an unprecedented degree. These new protections will begin taking effect on July 1st.
On June 2 DiMuroGinsberg held for an informative webinar on these significant changes to Virginia’s employment laws. A panel of DiMuroGinsberg attorneys will address such important developments as:
- New protections for LQBT workers;
- Ban on hair discrimination, including hair styles;
- Expanded protections for “whistleblowers with a statutory wrongful discharge claim;
- Providing a private right of action under the Virginia Human Rights Act, with compensatory and punitive damages and attorney fees now available;
- Prohibiting non-competes for “low-wage” workers;
- Crack down on misclassification of workers as independent contractors, with a private right of action and treble damages for wage violations; and
- Significant increase in Virginia’s minimum wage, with more increases to come.
DiMuroGinsberg put together a panel of it’s attorneys to discuss these important topics.
Watch a recording of the presentation here: