Stacey Rose Harris is a partner and a valued member of the firm’s litigation team, representing clients in complex commercial and civil litigation matters. From trade associations and manufacturers, to corporations and government contractors, Stacey provides her signature comprehensive representation along with her incredible attention to detail. She also practices in the areas of criminal law and white collar defense. She is a frequent litigator in the federal courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and has a wealth of experience in handling civil cases on the “Rocket Docket.”
Over the past decade, Stacey successfully negotiated awards in arbitration, obtained positive verdicts in jury trials and represented and defended our clients against formidable odds.
Stacey is a member of the Bar Council, a great honor in that she was elected by her fellow Alexandria lawyers to serve on this prestigious governance arm of the Virginia State Bar. Her many duties include presiding over votes before they go to the Supreme Court of Virginia at each of the three semi-annual Virginia State Bar official meetings.
In 2021, Stacey was invited to join the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Litigation panel as an arbitrator.
Stacey is an avid athlete and a strong believer in giving back to the community. She makes good use of her ability to speak fluent Spanish and her legal skills in fulfilling her mission.
- Virginia State Bar
- Member, Bar Council, July 1, 2017 – present
- The District of Columbia Bar
- The Federal Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Northern Virginia Chapter, July 2017 – present
- Successfully represented a trade association in copyright litigation protection of its proprietary software
- Obtained complete defense verdict in a jury trial defending a specialty sports car manufacturer against fraud, contract and consumer protection claims.
- Obtained complete defense verdict at trial defending a government contractor in a defamation lawsuit.
- $3 million arbitration award including damages and attorneys’ fees upheld by D.C. Court of Appeals.
Honors & Awards:
- “Rising Star,” Virginia SuperLawyers, 2009, 2011 – 2017
- “Rising Star,” Washington, DC SuperLawyers, 2013 – 2016
- E. Randolph Williams Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, Hunton & Williams, 2007-2008
- Leaders in the Law, 2020 Class honoree, Virginia Lawyers Media
- *Recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2018
Publications & Lectures:
- “Obesity lawsuit under ADA has some viability, says Virginia federal court” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Sep. 2019)
- “7th Circuit says obesity not a disability under ADA” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Aug. 2019)
- “Is obesity protected by ADA? Virginia federal court weights in” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Jun. 2019)
- “Newport News race bias case going to trial” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Oct. 2018)
- “Impact of the Charlottesville protests on Virginia employers” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Sep. 2017)
- “4th Circuit reverses dismissal of ‘camel people’ lawsuit against Virginia employer” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Aug. 2016)
- “Virginia congressman introduces bill to protect reports of violent conduct,” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Apr. 2016)
- “Legal saga ends for Virginia teacher with felony conviction,” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Mar. 2016)
- “Court allows wrongful discharge claim for refusal to aid adultery,” Virginia Employment Law Letter (Jan. 2016)
- Advanced Business Litigation Institute, Business Fraud, Virginia CLE, 2009
- Practical Considerations In The Ethical Practice of Law, Virginia Bar Association Young Lawyers Conference, 2010