Intellectual Property and Technology Law
DiMuroGinsberg understands what makes innovative companies tick. Our intellectual property (IP) lawyers are experienced and effective advocates with a pragmatic perspective informed by years of complex litigation experience involving a wide range of technologies and a keen understanding of the business world.
Led by Bernard J. DiMuro, Cecil E. Key, and Jay P. Kesan, our full-service IP practice is uniquely situated to advise clients working in dynamic industries where technology is rapidly advancing and the legal environment may be uncertain.
The IP attorneys of DiMuroGinsberg are widely recognized leaders in the IP world. Combined they have tried hundreds of cases serving as litigation and appellate counsel in federal district courts, before the International Trade Commission, (ITC) and before various U.S. Courts of Appeal. The DG Key IP team works diligently to minimize each client’s risks associated with litigation while providing top tier transactional representation. They serve clients in the areas of patent, trademark, copyrights and trade secrets.
Our attorneys have testified before Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) about developing IP issues; lectured at top universities; and been widely published in national newspapers, legal periodicals and peer-reviewed scientific journals. Our experience and contacts in government, academia and industry give us multi-faceted insights into the legal problems that our clients face when seeking to protect and capitalize on their valuable intellectual assets.
In addition to our record of success in representing clients before state and federal courts, the USPTO and the ITC, we draw on decades of experience in serving on the boards of entrepreneurial startups, working as scientists and engineers, and advising some of the world’s most successful technology companies.
We have successfully represented startups, mid-market businesses and mature global enterprises in the full array of IP matters, including the following:
- Patent Litigation in Federal Court and at the International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Hatch-Waxman (ANDA) litigation
- Appellate Advocacy before the Federal Circuit (CAFC)
- AIA Dispute Proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) (Inter Partes Review (IPR), Covered Business Method Review (CBM), Post-Grant Review)
- Patent Licensing and Strategic Portfolio Counseling
- Patent Validity and Freedom-to-Operate Opinions
- Patent Enforcement and Cease-and-Desist Letters
Trade Secret Law
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Trademark Litigation and Enforcement
- Appellate Advocacy before the Federal Circuit (CAFC), U.S. District Courts of Appeals and State Appellate Courts
- Oppositions and Cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Trademark Prosecution (preparation and filing of trademark applications and representation before the USPTO and state agencies)
- Copyright Litigation and Enforcement
- Leveraging IP through Financing Agreements
- Negotiations involving IP Transactions
- Drafting Contracts (Settlement Agreements, Licenses, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Compete Agreements)
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Non-dispute Licensing
Call 703-684-4333 for intellectual property representation nationwide.