DiMuroGinsberg represents employers in Virginia federal and state courts, as well as before federal and state administrative agencies such as the Department of Labor, the EEOC and local human rights commissions. We also help employers prevent problems by providing employment law compliance counseling, advice and training.
Our employment law practice group is led by Jonathan R. Mook. Mr. Mook has over 30 years of experience in employment law and is a nationally recognized authority on the Americans with Disabilities Act. He is the author of two treatises on the ADA published by Matthew Bender Company. Mr. Mook is a frequent lecturer on employment law issues and is a co-editor of the Virginia Employment Law Letter published by BLR.
If your company would like advice or representation, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for more information about our employment law services.
Employment law services
- Title VII: defend against claims of race, sex, religion, and national origin discrimination and claims of harassment.
- 42 U.S.C. § 1981: defend against claims of race discrimination in contracting.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): defend against discrimination claims and provide counsel and advice on accommodation issues.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): defend against claims and provide counsel and advice on compliance issues.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): defend against overtime claims and conduct pay policy and practice compliance audits.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA): defend against claims and provide counsel and advice on compliance issues.
- Counsel and advice: on hiring, performance review, discipline and termination issues. Training: provide sexual harassment and anti-discrimination training.
- Training: provide sexual harassment and anti-discrimination training.
- Internal investigations: conduct or oversee internal investigations of discrimination and harassment claims.
- Policies: review and draft personnel policy manuals.
- Non-compete/non-solicitation: draft, enforce and defeat restrictive covenants.
- Trade secrets and confidential information: draft and enforce restrictions on use of an employer’s confidential and proprietary information.
- Employment torts: defend against claims of defamation, assault and battery, negligent hiring or supervision.
Call 703-684-4333 for employment law counsel in Northern Virginia.