The firm’s business law practice provides service to clients of all sizes, from organization to ultimate disposition or conversion by merger or by private or public sale. Taking an holistic approach to advising a business client in the legal aspects of expanding and ultimately reaching its goals often demands close coordination of multiple legal disciplines to get there, including consideration of strategic estate planning and wealth preservation for its management. We believe the best business lawyer is the one who learns the company’s business and contributes to many decisions as a member of management would do. While we may be engaged in isolated legal transactions, our clients take advantage of our experience and skill to serve in effect as outside general counsel where the business can not yet support a legal position in-house. Our clients range from government contractors and technology companies to commercial lenders, commercial real estate developers, professional businesses and numerous other businesses.
Corporate law and business transactions
DiMuroGinsberg also helps business clients with all types of issues linked to their success:
- Commercial and business transactions: DiMuroGinsberg has extensive experience drafting, negotiating and advising clients with respect to contracts and transactional documents of all kinds.
- Commercial lending: DiMuroGinsberg represents both lenders and borrowers with respect to commercial loan facilities and other debt transactions. We have considerable experience in private and institutional debt transactions of all types, including senior and junior debt, secured and unsecured debt, accounts receivable and other asset-based debt, real estate debt, convertible debt, leasing transactions, corporate and venture finance debt and municipal debt.
- Commercial real estate: DiMuroGinsberg has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate business and transactions, representing developers and builders from acquisition to disposition of real estate
- Corporations and other business entities: DiMuroGinsberg advises and assists clients in connection with the organization and operation of business entities, helping to select the appropriate form of business
- Corporate debt and capital finance: DiMuroGinsberg advises and assists corporate and other business clients in raising capital and obtaining debt financing from both institutional and private sources.
- Corporate governance: DiMuroGinsberg advises corporate, limited liability company and partnership clients regarding all aspects of governance and ethics.
- Creditor’s rights and bankruptcy: DiMuroGinsberg’s extensive background in corporate law, business organizations, business dissolutions and terminations, real estate transactions, intellectual property transactions, venture capital financing, tax and securities enables us to deal effectively with the many aspects of restructuring and redistribution of assets common to workouts and bankruptcy matters.
- Crowdfunding and the JOBS Act: Attorney Kendall Almerico assists startups and business to raise capital through equity crowdfunding with Regulation A+, Regulation CF and Regulation D, Section 506(c) private placements under the JOBS Act.
- Government Contracts: DiMuroGinsberg provides a full range of legal services for our clients that seek to do business with government agencies. We can assist you with everything from the bidding process and contract negotiation to the development of teaming agreements and contract award.
- IT and Business Process Outsourcing: DiMuroGinsberg’s attorneys have extensive experience advising, structuring, negotiating and documenting all aspects of domestic and international outsourcing transactions. Attorney Milton Whitfield has worked with many industries including consumer services, energy, financial, health care, hospitality/manufacturing, telecommunications, transportation and waste management with their business processes, information technology, and related sourcing services.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and sales: DiMuroGinsberg advises and assists business clients, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals in purchasing, selling and merging a business or division of a business
- Technology Transactions: DiMuroGinsberg has represented clients engaged in technology development, service and sales, including intellectual property issues. Our attorneys have many years of experience handling complex corporate and technology transactions, including licensing and outsourcing of business processes, and information technology.
- Venture capital: DiMuroGinsberg assists its start-up, early stage and growing clients in obtaining debt and capital financing from “Angel” investors, venture capital funds and other private funding sources.
- Wealth preservation and estate planning: DiMuroGinsberg assists clients with estate planning and wealth preservation, including the preparation of simple wills, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, lifetime and testamentary trusts and more advanced documents for the larger estates.
Call 703-684-4333 for business law attorneys in Alexandria.