Stacey Rose Harris is a partner and a member of the firm’s litigation team. She represents clients in complex commercial and civil litigation matters. She also practices in the areas of criminal law and white collar defense. Prior to her association with DiMuro Ginsberg, Ms. Harris practiced commercial litigation at Hunton & Williams, LLP and insurance coverage litigation at Ross, Dixon & Bell, LLP. Ms. Harris speaks fluent Spanish and is an avid athlete. She is a strong believer in giving back to the community and makes good use of her language and legal skills to that end.
- Virginia State Bar
- Member, Bar Council, July 1, 2017 – present
- The District of Columbia Bar
- The Federal Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Northern Virginia Chapter, July 2017 – present
- Successfully represented a trade association in copyright litigation protection of its proprietary software
- Obtained complete defense verdict in a jury trial defending a specialty sports car manufacturer against fraud, contract and consumer protection claims.
- Obtained complete defense verdict at trial defending a government contractor in a defamation lawsuit.
- $3 million arbitration award including damages and attorneys’ fees upheld by D.C. Court of Appeals.
Honors & Awards:
- “Rising Star,” Virginia SuperLawyers, 2009, 2011 – 2016
- “Rising Star,” Washington, DC SuperLawyers, 2013 – 2016
- E. Randolph Williams Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, Hunton & Williams, 2007-2008
Publications & Lectures:
- Co-author, Virginia Employment Law Letter, BLR
- Advanced Business Litigation Institute, Business Fraud, Virginia CLE, 2009
- Practical Considerations In The Ethical Practice of Law, Virginia Bar Association Young Lawyers Conference, 2010
- Commercial litigation
- Civil litigation
- Employment law
- Criminal law
- White collar defense
- 2003, Virginia and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 2003, Supreme Court of Virginia
- 2004, District of Columbia and U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- 2015, Supreme Court of the United States
- J.D., University of Virginia, 2003
- B.A., Furman University, summa cum laude, 1999